Sunday 25 March 2012

Born to fly

Have you seen all the gorgeous new Christy Tomlinson stamps available in the shop? They're fab for art journalling but also useful for cards and layouts.

I have the fab "tattered chicken wire" stamp which reminded me of the shape of honeycomb so I decided to use it to make a "bee" themed card.

I used Prismacolor pencils blended with Sansodor to make a background coloured panel and then stamped with the chicken wire stamp over the top of this panel using distress ink. I masked off some of the stamp as I didn't want to use the whole width of it.

I then stamped the sentiment (from Unity's "Life Becoming" kit available here) using Versafine ink before adding a K & Co vellum bee.


Materials used:
Papermill cardstock
Unity / Christy Tomlinson stamps (as above), Prismacolor pencils, Ranger distress ink, Versafine sepia ink
K & Co vellum die-cut


Thanks for visiting and don't forget to check out the shop as we've recently had new stock including Paper Smooches and Flourishes!!

Jo xx

1 comment:

Traceyr said...

Great card and yes it does look like honeycomb.

:)