Saturday 16 June 2012

Father's Day

The weekend is here and tomorrow is Fathers Day!

Surprisingly I'm organised this year and this is the card I've made for hubby on behalf of his No1. garden helper.....


He's a very keen gardener...in fact he'd rather be outside in his garden and allotment than in the house and having a large garden means grass cutting is a major job but he actually enjoys it!!!

I used the little Lawnmower and sentiment from a Unity/Jillibean Soup set called Watermelon Gazpacho Soup, it's quite a small stamp in the set so I made a clean and simple scene on a 4" sq card base.
I stamped and fussy cut the mower so I could place it amongst the hand-drawn grass  then inked a part of the sky.
To help place the sentiment I stamp it on a piece of scrap plastic or acetate and then move it around the card to see where it looks best before finally making my decision...it's a great technique to try.

Thanks for your visit today and I hope you have a great weekend :0)

Jenny x



No comments: