Saturday 8 September 2012

Tea-rific !!!

Hello Stampers...

Hooray for the weekend, here's hoping it's been a nice short first week back at school for everyone to ease us all in gently :0)

My card to share with you today uses the solid teapot and cup stamp from Lawn Fawn's  'My Cup Of Tea' and I've used the sketch at Lawnscaping challenge too :0)


I find solid stamps a bit scary knowing how to use them until I saw a technique to clear emboss them on patterned paper so I thought I'd give it a try for this card.
To help highlight the image and make it easier to cut out, I used 'Tea Dye' Distress Ink ( it just had to be that one!! ) applied with a blender tool over the whole image..... it doesn't stain the embossing powder and any small taints can be removed by rubbing with a tissue. I love the vintage look but you could try and experiment with other inks to compliment the patterned paper you choose :0)

Thanks for looking today and I hope you get some crafting time this weekend :0)
If your're visiting the shop don't forget to check out the newest Lawn Fawn release which has arrived this week...find them here.

Jenny x

1 comment:

Shirley Davis (crafter) said...

This one caught my eye as I scrolled thro posts - so it deserves a well done!