Monday 21 January 2013

Fishtails and True Love anyone...?

Hello!
Brrrr,are you enjoying the snow? Good excuse for a sit down with some hot chocolate and some stamps if you ask me ;-)

Today's cards are made using two of my favorite craft items-the awesome Avery Elle set Lots of Love and fishtails!
The first card is a veritable washing line of love,using just three colours and mixing up different fishtail sizes. This was so pleasing to make! (The purists among you might spot that the very end 'flag' is a W Plus 9 sentiment-more about that later!)


The next card is a tiny card announcing a whole lotta love!
Combining trendy chevrons and double fishtails,it is a perfect masculine card. I used pop-dots on the banner and heart,to stop it from feeling too flat. It reminds me a little of one of those retro American gas pumps :-)


And now for a 'Must Have 2013'announcement. As most people that know me know I have the biggest W Plus 9 ,er,habit *ahem!*,so to justify this I feel the need to say I have used my Cupid's Arrow set SO many times since I got it. Last weeks card was made with it,and several swaps I take part in have had their fair share of ol' Cupid and his sentiments,but the one that I have used over and over is the 'True Love' stamp. It is small but perfectly formed and used to within an inch of its polymer life! Here are a few of the places it has found itself (along with its cousins) on,including the endy banner in today's card ;-)

On vintage seam-binding...



And on a ticket swap....



It is also on several WIP's,and so I have to say it has been one of my best purchases so far in 2013 (and embarrassingly there have been quite a few already :-\ ) It is available here. (I've been kind and left you some,lol)

Right,that is me for this week-stay warm!
Lou


No comments: