Saturday 6 July 2013

Party Fireworks

Happy Saturday to you.... Jenny here :0)

I think here in the UK we tend to associate fireworks with Bonfire Nifght celebrations when it's cold and dark early in the evening but of course our American friends like to mark Independence day with them in the summer.  It was only natural that Lawn Fawn would have a stamp set called 'Happy 4th' geared up for this occasion in their latest release... I had to have it because the colourful bursts come in handy for lots of celebration cards....


I've used a technique for this card that has become quite popular in the cardmaking world but I have simplified it and I think I like the end result better :0)
After stamping the fireworks across the white card I placed my letter dies on top, cutting edge down, and secured with washi tape so they couldn't move whilst passing them through the big shot!!
Next I used a contrasting colour card to die-cut the word four more times before stacking and glueing the letters together... this gives the raised effect whilst also giving a hint of colour around the edge of the letters....


Once you've backed the white card onto another piece it's just a case of placing the letters back in their holes...  like an easy puzzle :0) oh and remember to save and add the small pieces from the middle of any letters just like I had to here with the P,A and R.... then embellish with gems and glitter as you wish :0)


Thanks for stopping by :0)
Jenny x

1 comment:

Ita said...

Hi very different style of card I just love it.
Smiles
Ita