Friday 21 March 2014

A Mother's Day Card


So sorry for the late post... kinda went for breakfast with the mummies and it turned into a brunch. We had a meeting this morning in school about our little ones so decided to go for a bite to eat before heading home. 

It's my day to post over on the Make The Day Special blog and today I'm sharing with you the card I have made my Mum for Mother's Day (my Mum doesn't read my blog so I'm ok to share it here ). This week the girlies have been playing with a colour combo to create their cards.. if you want to join in to there is a challenge tab on the top of the Make The Day Special blog so we can take a peek at yours.



Lots of gorgeous goodies landed at Make The Day Special this week, there were deliveries from both Avery Elle and Wplus9 (with more Wplus9 to follow). So my card has things from both companies. 


To start I cut the Spring Wreath from Wplus9 inked in Hero Arts Field Greens and attached to my card layer. I then added my sentiment making it up from the greetings from Avery Elle's Needle Little Love. Although it says Mom on the stamp set I added a little tail to the 'o' which made it look like a 'u'. 


Then I cut two lots of the More Fresh Cuts dies and stamped the More Fresh Cut stamps (on the way) onto the coordinating shapes. And arranged them in the bottom right of the wreath and added some smaller stamped images around this cluster. 


After I had finished this panel I added it to my base card on which I had already used embossing paste through a stencil to create a bit of texture. 

Thanks for popping by!

Hugs Lydia xxx

Spring Wreath DieNeedle Little Love
 More Fresh Cut DiesMore Fresh Cuts




1 comment:

Mary J said...

Really beautiful!