Friday 28 March 2014

Mint To Be Happy!


Hello and very happy Friday! I'm your Friday girl over at Make The Day Special and I'm sharing a card with lots of scrummy Wplus9 goodies and a fabulous Avery Elle pigment ink!

I wanted to show how versile the Avery Elle- Mint To Be ink was so I tried a couple of different ways to use it on my card. 


Firstly I started by using it normally and just inking and stamping Just Geometrics: Triangles from Wplus9. I stamped the large cluster twice facing different directions. Using the same ink I then went around the edge of my card layer using a sponge to create the soft edge. 


Being a pigment ink it will dry on vellum. So I used the Whole Lotta Happy dies and cut out some vellum stars and then stamped the stars from Whole Lotta Happy stamp set on to the vellum star shapes. 


I then created the stacked 'happy' die cut using the Happy Trio die (sorry OOS at the moment but you could use the large 'happy' stamp from Whole Lotta Happy embossed in gold). I cut 5 of the 'happy's out of white card stock and stacked up and finished off with a Add A Little Dazzle Gold metal sheet (link in sidebar) 'happy' on the top. The small stars stamped directly on the card layer are 2nd and 3rd generation stamping of the Mint To Be ink.


I wanted to raise the top part of my sentiment up so I decided to do it on a pennant, I also wanted to have it coloured so I used the ink directly onto the pennant so it would coordinate perfectly with the rest of the card. When this was dry I then stamped over the top of the it with my sentiment in black.

Thanks for stopping by!

Huys Lydia xxx


Mint to Be Pigment Ink PadJust Geometrics:  Triangles Whole Lotta' Happy  Whole Lotta Happy Dies

2 comments:

Kate said...

Gorgeous card Lydia :) Totally love it and that colour is just amazing ...lucky i have it lol.
Kate xx

Anonymous said...

Wow, really fab - glad to hear the AE ink dries well on vellum. :)