Sunday 9 March 2014

Penny Blossoms

Happy Sunday y'all - hope you're having a great weekend.   One of my favourite TV Shows is The Big Bang Theory so when Lawn Fawn brought out a set called Penelope's Blossoms I had to have it as it reminds me of one of my favourite episodes when the gang sit up all night making barrettes for Penny - ie Penny Blossoms!   Here's my first make with it.


I was inspired by a new challenge - Virginia's View - where the inspiration is water colour and I felt the big stamp in the set would be prefect if embossed to provide a focal point to a watercolour background.  I stamped it twice to create a frame for the sentiment (also from that set) onto watercolour card in vanilla white.  Once dry I used the "mush the pad onto a craft mat" technique with some distress inks and pounced it into the puddles of colour a couple of times allowing each layer to dry in between.  Once i was happy I cut it out with a spellbinders die and used some of the scraps to create faux buttons.  Some vellum, sheer ribbon and subtle bling in the form of glitter, sequins and tiny gems brought it all together.

That's all I have time for this week as I have work to do on the store - we have some exciting new things coming soon, but I can't tell you yet - it's a secret ;-)


1 comment:

Mary J said...

Oh wow, that is so beautiful! Gorgeous use of those shimmery colours!