Sunday 8 June 2014

Stretching Elephants

Today I thought I'd highlight a couple of sets from Mama Elephant that may have passed you by, but that can be used in more ways than you might think and we all like to get the most out of our stash now don't we!  

Firstly, in a recent release, Mama Elephant brought out a die to go with the Type It stamp set, BUT it has lots of dies that have nothing to do with the stamps and I think its a very handy standalone die set if you ignore the typewriter and paper!   So I made a card with it without the stamps.


Firstly you get the really lovely large scalloped panel die and then an assortment of words and icons.  I went for a love and kisses theme and die cut the words from the panel, die cut them again from grey card and silver glitter stock and pieced them back in.   Then to stretch my stash a little further I used the bridge from Sightseeing on it's end as I think it makes a cute border.

That got me thinking - I could see other possibilities for that stamp - so I had another go....


I thought the centre sections would make an interesting frame, and when I stamped them I thought it looked a little like a Chinese door, so I added a panda with a bunch of birthday balloons from Pandamonium and a sentiment from Say What.




We have lots of new goodies crossing the Atlantic at the moment - new releases and restocks from Papersmooches, Lawn Fawn, Wplus9, Lil Inkers, Neat and Tangled, Newton's Nook and Avery Elle - phew - it's going to be busy!   Keep an eye on our Facebook page for news of arrivals when they happen.

No comments: