Tuesday 8 July 2014

Challenge 4 - Week 2

Are you playing along with our theme challenge this month?   We want you to look back at your early work - pick a card you made the first year you started to blog (or the first year you started to craft if you don't blog) and CASE it and see how different your new version is and how far your crafting style has changed.   If you are not familiar with the term CASE - it stands for Copy And Share Everything - and is just a term for "be inspired by" so you don't have do a direct copy of an old card, just see what sparks you from looking at your old work - it could be the style, the stamp (a good way to give a little love to long forgotten stash), the colours, the theme - anything.   Don't forget to share your original card with us too so we can see what sparked the inspiration.


We have more CASE Histories from our DT to share this week to inspire you if you are stuck for to play this challenge:

Lou
This was one of my first MTDS blog posts-before I even had a blog of my own! Here is the original:

And here is my new take on it:



Kate

I decided to case my first card for make the day special as that was pretty much when i started card making.
I have still used some patterned paper but just a panel, i rarely use ribbon so switched it for some twine.


Keren
Here's my original card- I was amazed that I've blogging for as long as I have- looking back was pretty embarrassing!
I took inspiration from the colours, the scenery & the sentiment placement. Hopefully you can see a little improvement!

You have until 10pm on Tuesday 22nd July to play along - just link up your projects on our Challenges page http://makethedayspecialcards.blogspot.co.uk/p/challenges.html    We'll be back next Tuesday with a final reminder and projects from the rest of the DT.   As usual there is a £15 Store Voucher up for grabs for our favourite project.

2 comments:

suzanne2 said...

what a great idea for a challenge. I think I might have to play along with this one.

Unknown said...

Thats great Suzanne! We look forward to seeing your CASEing!
Lou