Wednesday 2 July 2014

Letting The Cat Out Of The Bag




Hi there, Lydia here. I know it's not my usual day but I have some exciting news to share ...... I am now part of the design team over at Newton's Nook Designs ! :-D I have been sitting on the news for weeks and it's been hard not to let it slip but I did it.... just about.



To celebrate this exciting news I have made a card using Newton's Nook Designs ' Newton's Birthday Bash' and if you keep reading to the end there may be a little Blog Candy ;)



*Cut some Neenah Solar card using the small banner from Lawn Fawn 'Stitched Party Banners' onto this stamp Newton coming out of the bag and the sentiment from Newton's Nook 'Newton's Birthday Bash'.
*Colour the image in with Copics adding a little shadow with coloured pencils and add a little Wink Of Stella to the bag for a little sparkle.
*Cut out two of the large banners from the 'Stitched Party Banners' of of white card and another using the yellow heart paper from the 'Let's Polka' 6x6 paper pad. Stick the yellow paper banner onto one of the white banners to create the front of the card. Score a line across the second white banner about an inch down from the top, add glue to the inch flap and stick to the backside of the yellow heart/white banner piece.
*To finish add some gold gel pen accents and some grey striped ribbon to the pre cut banner holes.   



I really love how bright and happy this card is. And the image was just so much fun to colour!



Now time for a bit of blog candy!!!! The fabulous and very generous Tara  has given me a Newton's Nook Designs 'Newton's Birthday Bash' stamp set to give away to one of you lovely people. All you have to do is leave me a comment over on my blog HERE .... maybe even tell me how good you are about keeping secrets and I will choose and random commenter next Wednesday at 12.00pm BST (British Summer Time) to win the set :)


Newton's Birthday Bash


Thank you so much for stopping by!

Hugs Lydia xxx

Newton's Birthday Bash Stitched Party Banners Lawn Cuts Let's Polka 6x6 Paper Pad

No comments: