Saturday 9 August 2014

Dotty Hellos

Morning all - I'm filling in today in our vacant slot.   Thanks to everyone who submitted their details for our DT search - we've had A LOT!   So I'll need a few days to go through them all but I'll hopefully announce our new DT member next week.

In the meantime, here's my projects for today.  I've been playing with stencils and big sentiments.


Firstly a really quick and simple hello card using the Hero Arts Bubble Confetti stencil  - simply aligned at an angle across the bottom corner and inked with some distress inks allowing them to soften the higher up the card you go to give a subtle fading background.   Then I used sentiments from Altenew's Super Script - I snipped the "just saying" in half with scissors so I could stamp it either side of the H.   Don't be scared to cut your stamps like this - you get more use out of them and they can easily be put back together on your blocks for stamping as intended ;-)


I then thought that the bubble confetti stencil would also do a great quick bokeh effect.  So for this one I blended a few colours of distress inks and then used the picket fence distress stain to dab though the stencil (this gives a soft white look)   I then turned the stencil 45 degrees and used an opaque white ink for a second layer of dots.   Once dried I used the same Super Script set to create a big bold sentiment in the middle.

Right - that's me for today - I'll be back tomorrow with something completely different!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous