Sunday 10 August 2014

Getting My Smooch On

Sorry I'm so late blogging today - we've been house-hunting today.

I had a friend come to the house to do a little job yesterday but I knew they wouldn't let me pay them so I wanted to give them a gift and it had to be golf balls!   So I got out one of my favourite Paper Smooch sets - My Guy to make an appropriate gift tag.


I love this set, it has so many useful "guy" elements.  For this tag I used the golf cart, stamping it on the tag, but also on white card so I could cut it out and layer it up without trying to cut around the fiddly thin lines ;-)  I added some paper cut with Mama Elephants Landscape Trio die and finished with a sentiment from the same stamp set.   Then a little string was all that was needed to "wrap" the gift - keeping it very masculine.


Whilst I had my Paper Smooches out, I used another set to enter this week's Less is More Challenge to create a one layer card with leaves.   This time I went for Leafy Greens but chose to just use the large maple leaf and went autumnal with  pumpkin pie and raspberry jam inks from Hero Arts.


I just stamped each leaf on top of each other in the brown shade and then over-stamped with the red.  I added a big bold sentiment from Mama Elephant's Splendid set once dry and dotted around some glitter and pearl dots to finish.





News from the Store:

  • Wplus9's latest release is currently in customs clearance and should be in Store in a few days.
  • We have a VERY big order in with Lawn Fawn and are currently just working out with them the best way to get it to the UK.  They aren't releasing for another couple of weeks yet but it should be here late August/early September.
  • Mama Elephant have started sneak peeks today so we will be placing orders for their latest release this week.
  • We will have new paper pads, including the latest Christmas designs coming in the next couple of weeks along with restocks on some ink pads.

That's all this week folks - catch you next weekend!

Tara


No comments: