Thursday 28 August 2014

Ombre Wood and Paper

Hello again - fed up of me yet?  Sorry - Lou and I have swapped today so I can show you a quick project I've made to showcase our brand new wood veneer packs which I am totally in love with (so yes you're going to be seeing a lot of them!)


I created a quick background using one of the ombre papers from the new My Mind's Eye paper pads and layering up some card on top for dimension.  To join the two sides together I used a tag die cut.  I layered up some strips of the veneers on an off cut of card in an ombre pattern until I had an area big enough to die cut.  I put the die on an angle for added interest and cut it out with the tagged stitched die from Papersmooches - the stitched detail shows up fantastically in the wood.

To finish I die cut the scripty thanks from Lawn Fawn from another shade of the veneer - the packs give you lots of options, and simply stuck it on top of the tag - that sticky backing certainly comes in handy!   Here's a shot of all the colours you get:



You can stamp on the wood or colour it with markers too so it is very versatile.

For those of you waiting on Lawn Fawn, Mama Elephant and Lil' Inker Designs - you may want to stay close to the website this weekend.........

See you on Sunday.

Tara







1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, how much I love the veneer finish on the tag! X