Saturday 27 September 2014

Fall is here!

Hello fellow crafters! I don't know about you, but I love love love fall. The oppressing heat finally goes away, the leaves turn to all kinds of colors, the grapes are ripe in the vineyards and beg to be … borrowed ;)

The season has so many joyful aspects, it's no surprise there are a ton of products in the store that let you celebrate it (and not just Thanksgiving). Today, I dug out my trusty Lawn Fawn Stitched Leaves dies, which are finally back in stock again, and inked them with some Distress Ink.


By applying first a light shade of color, and then adding a darker shade of the same color family to the edges of the leaves, you can create a wonderful realistic effect. And the stitching on the leaves – swoon! For the stitching to come out well, I found that using heavier paper does the trick: there's simply more for the dies to sink into and leave that impression.


I also used heavy watercolor paper (almost like card stock) for the entire card. It has a wonderful texture that enhances the leaves and the overall "natural" look that I was going for. You can also see that on the stitched border I have around my front panel, which was cut with the Mama Elephant Basic Set Creative Cuts.

The background of my card was stamped with a few tiny images – I actually used a stamp set from a company that's not in the store, but Lawn Fawn has just released two stamp sets which allow you to achieve the same effect: Thank You Tags and Sweater Weather. They have tiny leaves, nuts, and even a pumpkin which are perfect for this season!


The sentiment was cut with Wplus9's Hand Lettered Hello die from adhesive wood veneer sheets – they come in a pack of ten and you can pick the color that goes best with your card. For mine, I choose one of the darker colors to make the word stand out more. And the texture, oh this beautiful texture…

To finish the card off, I added some sequins in matching fall colors – I know, not very "natural", but a girl needs her bling.

I hope you enjoyed today's card and I hope you have a beautiful fall weekend!


No comments: