Monday 8 September 2014

Watercolouring Floral Containers

Hello there,

Well as the title suggests I have been dabbling in a spot of 
faux watercolouring using Wplus9's Fresh Cut Containers.


I wish I had the 'tech' know-how to make and edit a video to show how I
made this little scene.... it really is a case of setting some time aside to play without the 
pressure of making a card as the end result :0)
I've used mainly distress markers for the flowers and leaves as they are not as juicy as the distress
 inkpads so you can control depth of colour easily but I did use the Pumice Stone
ink pad for the pots. To get the shaded effect I rolled the edge of the pot on the ink pad
and after stamping it out, I used a damp brush to blend some colour across 
from the shadows to the highlights.


After stamping the leaves and flowers I've gone back in with a damp brush and
extra colour to add more detail and shadows... the trickiest part is knowing when to stop!!
The sentiment is from Hand Lettered Thank's.... love the choice of sentment pairs on that one.

More practice needed me thinks but learning to not be precise with this kind of 
stamping and colouring is the key... remember, it's an artists impression not a photograph :0)

If you haven't seen them already, Dawn (owner of Wplus9) has made a few amazing videos 
showing you her techniques with these types of stamps, this one was the 
inspiration for my technique today.

Fresh Cut Containers  Hand Lettered Thanks

...... and just before I go, it's 'Anything Goes' week again over at the 
Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge, check out what the DT have made for 
your inspiration this week and join in the fun too :0)

Thanks for stopping by
Jenny x

No comments: