Monday 27 October 2014

Anniversary Text!!!

Good Morning...

I suddenly realised that November starts at the end of this week and I have a clutch of Birthdays to make cards for coming up and my parents Wedding Anniversary too. I went straight to the "It's today right?" stamp set by Lil' Inkers.... I love the stick characters and the short sentiments in such a simple clean font...


I was inspired to make a text style conversation because those short sentiments just seemed to fit. Using Lawn Fawns 'A Birdie Told Me' dies I cut a couple of speech bubbles into a strip of black card.... to make the speech come from two different directions I simply flipped the piece and cut one from the back of the panel. 
I've stamped and embossed the main image and coloured the couple with Prisma pencils... they show up so well on dark card. 
I cut two more speech bubbles for the sentiments and adhered them straight onto the card base after using foam pads to raise the centre panel up... you can see the effect on this photo..

It needed a little something else so I used the line of dots in the stamp set to add a decorative border and of course..... a small die cut heart from my stash, smothered in Glossy Accents :0)
I'm still undecided if I'll send this to my parents or to go with something more conventional... I think the texting theme may just go over there heads.. Lol :0)


                      It's Today, Right?   A Birdie Told Me Dies

As usual, I'd like to remind you of this weeks Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge which is a fab sketch, here's my take on it using the Christmas Words 2 dies...
We'd love to see you play along, check out the details and join us in the gallery :0)

Jenny x

1 comment:

Deborah Frings said...

Fabulous anniversary card, love the layout. Great Christmas card too. Lovely work!