Monday 3 November 2014

A Cute Christmas Wreath

Good morning :0)

You could say my card today is the 'B-side' to my traditional coloured card for our Challenge on Saturday's blog post as I've used the same Paper Smooches set called Jolly Holly and made a wreath in frosty silver and blue...


I've silver embossed the scribbled circle in the set on white card and then cut it out using two circle punches to make a neat inside and outside edge which I could never do with scissors!! ..Lol. You could also use circle dies to do this but my punches were closer to hand :0) The bow is stamped and trimmed out with scissors and then it was just a case of adding gems and wrapping a length of wire around to decorate my wreath..... this picture does it more justice, although still not the same as seeing the wreath in real life...


These cute little wreaths could be easily made up in batches in front of the TV and would also work in other colour ways too... ooooo, I'm thinking how lovely a neutral colour palette would be with tiny wooden stars and a hemp bow *wink*

                                                        Holly Jolly

As I mentioned above, I used this same stamp set for my challenge card this month and went with more traditional colours for a Christmas card. I used Avery Elle pigment inks in Jungle, Celery, Silver Fox and Cherry and I just love how vibrant they are on the Kraft coloured card, the extra details on the images are added using Prisma coloured pencils but this is totally optional. The sentiment is from All Yule Need

This is perfect timing to remind you about the Paper Smooches Sparks challenge this week and it's Anything Goes so if you use any of your PS stamps or dies in your projects this week don't forget to pop them in the gallery... it's open to crafters from around the globe so I hope you can join in :0)

Jenny x

No comments: