Sunday 2 November 2014

Glitter-tastic!

One of the things I love about running a craft shop is getting to "test" all the new products for you all - it's a hard life you know ;-)   I am a crafter first and foremost, so if I try something and I find a flaw - I will let you know - today though that is not an issue with the new glitters we have in store.  I had resisted them for a while as I thought they were pretty pricey - afterall - glitter is just glitter right?   WRONG - this stuff is AMAZEBALLS!   When the say "super fine" they aren't kidding - this stuff looks similar to ultrafine embossing powder.  So the ½oz pots will go a VERY long way and man does it sparkle!


I die cut an ornament from Paper Smooches from the double-sided adhesive sheet and then covered it in 3 shades of blue glitter to get a shaded effect (I used Blue Purple, Royal Blue and Bluebell - all of which can be found here) and then added the ornament topper in grey and silver.  A bauble needs somewhere to hang and for that the new Spring and Berries die from Elizabeth Craft Designs seemed the perfect choice and to add interest I used the matching embossing folder in the background.  A simple die cut "joy" sentiment was the perfect finishing touch.

The glitters are so easy to use - just scoop a little out with a bit of paper, sprinkle and "polish" into the adhesive with your finger.  Shake off the excess and add back into the jar and repeat with your next colour (if you mix your colours - save them to a new jar for your own personal colour blend!)   It's painting with glitter and I love it!






NEWS FROM THE STORE:

  • We've had the new glitters, embossing folders, lots of standalone dies and some shimmer sheetz - check out the Elizabeth Craft Designs section of the store
  • We've had Lawn Fawn restocks - so the Hillside Borders, Goodie Bags and Rectangle dies are all back.
  • Lil' Inker Designs latest release will be here next week
  • The latest releases from Altenew, Winnie and Walter and Neat and Tangled are all in transit - I do get stuff here as quick as I can guys but I'm at the mercy of when suppliers can ship to me, and how long it takes stuff to travel and clear customs.  I hope everything will be here by mid-November.
  • Mama Elephant restocks are coming and they have a new release out again which I will order today so that will be here in around 2-3 weeks as well!
  • I'm waiting for my distributor to get the Hero Arts stock back - as soon as they do I will get all the embossing powders etc back in stock too - they are in the UK so arrive quicker once they have them.  Hoping they will get them this week.
  • If you're waiting for an item from another brand to come back into stock - it will happen - it may just not happen immediately.  I only order restocks with new releases as it is not cost effective to import small quantities from the USA - if you saw my customs bills you'd faint!!!   So please bear with me - the restock system is "manual" - I write all your requests down on old fashioned paper, and then physically email you once they come back into stock.  So you WILL get an email eventually you don't need to keep sending requests - I just have so many requests I don't have time to reply to them all when they arrive as well.  Just be assured, they come through and I have you on my list.

Right - time to get the shopping done as there is nothing in the house but stamps and glitter to eat!

Happy Crafting

Tara






No comments: