Tuesday 16 December 2014

Christmas Decorations!


Hey! Happy Tuesday!  If you're anything like me, you've got out the Christmas decorations to find that some have smashed in storage. I had lost a couple and was fortunate enough to have picked up a couple of these glass ones from a local craft store. They were each just over £1 and I thought they'd make a lovely craft project- but a nice quick one too- no-one has time to slave over anything this time of year.
Really simple-
I've used Stazon white ink and this would also be gorgeous in Gold Stazon
http://www.makethedayspecial.co.uk/shop.php#!/Stazon-Metallic-Ink-Gold/p/43293343/category=10168038
I've used this Waffle Flower Crafts stamp set- Holiday Labels- Merry
http://www.makethedayspecial.co.uk/shop.php#!/Holiday-Labels-Merry/p/43361086/category=8451112
The surface was pretty flat, but being glass, I didn't want to press the stamp onto it- so I pressed the bauble onto the stamp, pressing gently and evenly, I knew I could clean the ink with Stazon cleaner if it all went wrong! ;-)

Then I removed the bauble top carefully and poured in some irridescent glitter- I swirled it around the bauble so it stuck in a thin layer and then poured the excess out!
You could go to town- adding sequins inside or even patterned paper behind the bauble (securing it with Glossy Accents) but it made the bauble look too fussy. Add some pretty ribbon & it makes a quick easy project for brightening up the tree or an undecorated part of your home.

I'll be back soon-
but not before I've made my Christmas cards (yes, I know I'm super-late!!)

Keren xx

No comments: