Monday 15 December 2014

Painted Pinecones

Hello there :0)

I'm still in Christmas mode I'm afraid...... I don't know about you but I hoard accumulate so many Christmas stamp sets and have the intention to use them so I'm still trying to do them justice!!!

When it comes to Christmas time I'm a traditional girl, I love all the seasonal greenery you can bring into your home this time of year ...especially pinecones so I just had to have the Altenew set called Poinsettia & Pine.

It's actually a great stamp set to use before and beyond Christmas...think of it more as a Winter Stamp set :0)


The sketched lines of the images lend themselves perfectly to colouring or they would look equally gorgeous embossed in metallics on dark cardstock and left uncoloured.

I'm no watercolourer but by inking these stamps up with Distress inks you can pull the colour in from the image using a damp brush. To add some simple shading I pressed the same ink pad against an acrylic block so I could use it with a small splash of water and a brush straight onto the image.

The sentiment from Avery Elle's Winter Wreath has a great font to team up with watercoloured images and I fancied using a touch of gold embossing for a bit of luxury.... I've pushed the edges of my panel into versamark ink so I could add a gold embossed edge too.


                                     Poinsettia & Pine  Winter Wreath

Thanks for stopping by :0)
Jenny x

No comments: