Saturday 3 January 2015

Glamorous Stamping with Paper Smooches

Hello and happy new year everyone!  I don't know about you, but I've just about had it with christmas themes and christmas colors. I'm a traditional red & green gal, and I wanted to depart from the color combo and do something fresh and new.


Recently, I stocked up on Perfect Pearls and while most people use them with water, I wanted to use them on my stamped images directly. All you need: your stamp, Versamark, and some Perfect Pearls powder.

The trick – at least for me – when applying the Perfect Pearls to the image you just stamped with Versamark is a combination of patience and a light hand. Ironically, I possess none of these two things in large quantities ;)

By pouncing on the powder softly with a brush, it sticks to the Versamark. Were you to make painting motions with the brush (drag it across the surface) you could smear the ink below and mess up your image. At least that keeps happening to me, so I'm going with the pouncing.  It looks like a real hot mess at first, but after you brush off all the excess at the end with another clean brush, it just looks awesome.


The Perfect Pearls shine best on a dark background, that's why I used the dark grey card stock. I die cut the word from bright yellow card stock and stamped my card base with a wide stripe in a matching bright yellow color. The color combination and the stripes give the card a super modern look and the yellow offsets the dark grey.

When you tilt it in the light, the Paper Smooches Botanicals shimmer and shine, adding some elegance to the bold contrasts. And you can never go wrong with Wplus9's dies – they are elegant and fit almost every style.

I hope you got inspired and that your crafty mojo was refreshed over the holidays. Happy crafting!

If some of the supplies I've used on my card are not available in the store, I link to alternatives that allow you to achieve similar results.

1 comment:

Sarah G said...

Love it, Julia - the subtle shimmer from the perfect pearls combined with the bright yellow looks fab! Thanks for reminding me about using them with versamark...may just have to get them back out :)