Friday 2 January 2015

Happy New Year and some big news!

Happy New Year to you all and welcome back to Make the Day Special Stamp Store's blog.  Have you missed us?  We needed a little break but we are all now refreshed and ready to bring you lots of lovely new goodies and inspiration of how to get the most from them.

Firstly - as I didn't manage to send any Christmas cards this year as I was a little busy packing your orders ;-) - I made a batch of quick and simple New Year cards instead.


I stamped the Time Warp from Neat and Tangled as a "fireworks style" background using 3 shades of ink, added some stars from Winnie and Walter's Big Bang Confetti and then used the sentiments and year from Wplus 9's Twenty Fifteen to finish it off.

And as it is a New Year, then what better way to start off the New Year than with some exciting news of a new brand that is coming to store very soon?   I am REALLY excited to announce that we are now the SOLE UK stockist of ...........

They are new to wholesale - having previously only sold directly through their own website - so we are starting small until they build up the wholesale side of their business.   We have an order in for their new release which will be out in a week or so and have also ordered mostly all of their previous releases (although some are not currently available)  Customs willing - it should all be here by mid- January!  If they are new to you, then be sure to check out their site to see the exciting stamps and dies coming your way in a couple of weeks http://reverseconfetti.com/ 

Talking of all things new - what is in store RIGHT NOW - is the new mini-release from Lawn Fawn.  They will be previewing their major range at CHA in a few days but for now we have their mini-release ready to go and I'm sure you will love it!   (If you are after the sweetheart twine - it's coming, there were issues at Lawn Fawn HQ so it didn't ship with the rest of the release)  It does have a valentine's theme but you can do so much more than lovey-dovey cards with it.   Here's my masculine take with their new Whale You Be Mine stamps and the very useful new Stitched Circles dies.


I used both the large and small circle dies together - they are very well designed and fit exactly inside each other to make cutting circles with holes super easy!  I added one of the whales inside one of the circles and used part of the sentiment paired with part of one milk and cookies to come up with a custom sentiment to match my card.  

There is also a new feature on the store which I hope you will be pleased about - you can now "favourite" any item you like and create your own wish list (you need to be logged into the store to save your list) simply by clicking the little heart you see at the side of the item name.   You will see the button to access your wish list at the top of the shop when you log in - just click favorites (sorry US spelling - the website providers are based there!) to see it.

Finally to finish the news and start the New Year off in a good way - we have added a large number of items to our sale section with reductions from 10% right up to 50%.   Once these items go, they will not be restocked, so if you like them, grab them now before they go.


OK - so that's me for now - I'll be back a week on Sunday (Lydia and I swapped so I could start the year off with our news).  Also, as our challenges normally start on the 1st of the month, I should let you know that for this month only we switched it up a little to make way for New Year hangovers....   The January challenge will be announced on Monday!

 


2 comments:

Lucinde | Lucilight said...

Love the great lettering on the sentiment stamps from Reverse Confetti! Another great addition to your store :)

Elaine said...

I really love the new favourites list feature. It will really save me time wandering back and forth trying to find things I know I have seen. I have already created my list and I am sure it will grow! Thank you! Elaine