Saturday 21 February 2015

Is It Spring Yet – Get a Head Start with Lil Inkers

Hello crafters, it's Julia!

And I have to make a confession: I want color. Rich, vibrant, stunning, glowing colors. Maybe it's because of the mostly grey winter weather here in Germany, but I'm craving color. Don't get me wrong, I love snow, but … color! I miss it! So, I'm taking my Stabilo fibre tip pens again for a spin and today I'm showing you just how vibrant a color blend you can get with them.


I've showcased these pens already last week here on the blog, using them on a tiny image. Today, I'm coloring an entire card panel with them and while, yes, it took a while, I find it's super relaxing after a long day at work. The stamp set I used it one of my favorites, yet underused ones from Lil' Inkers: Modern Mehndi.


Using water color paper and Archival black ink (anything that's permanent and works with water color, too), you can stamp your pattern and then start coloring. I went with warm and lively colors to brighten up my day and the day of the recipient of this card.


If you want to see how exactly I colored the images, hop on over to my blog for a video tutorial (you'll find the link in the sidebar) after checking out all the products I used below.  As always, I'm also listing alternative products if anything is out of stock currently or if I think another product would work with this technique as well.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: