Friday 6 March 2015

An Owly Birthday Card

DSC04174

Happy Friday! Hope you had a good week… this one seemed to rush by in the blink of an eye !

Today I have a card to share using a super cute stamp from Reverse Confetti, called Oliver Owl.

DSC04172

How cute is he? I coloured him up using Copics and then adding more shading with pencil. Instead of colouring in all of the image I have paper pieced his tie and collar with patterned paper. To tie in the design I used these same patterned paper for the banner strips that the owl in resting on.

For the soft sky background I cut the smaller cloud die from Lawn Fawn 'Spring Showers' die (sorry OOS but you can sign up to be emailed when more arrive in stock or use the search function to search for other cloud dies as there are many options in stock from other brands http://www.makethedayspecial.co.uk/shop.php#!/~/search/inview=product46678127&keywords=clouds&offset=0&sort=relevance) out of masking paper and then inked around it.

DSC04176

I really love the font on this sentiment is just so fun and playful. To add some more fun to this card I added some Glossy Accents to his glasses and gave him some goggly eyes.

DSC04186

I would really love to know what you think of my card!

I hope you have a beautiful day and I will see you again soon.

Hugs Lydia xxx

Oliver Owl  Spring Showers Dies

1 comment:

Gillian said...

He is FABULOUS. Love your card. Great colouring which you make look so easy.