Saturday 11 April 2015

High Contrast Card with Glitter and Flower Dies

Hi crafters, Julia here!

I wanted to give my flower dies a nice workout, and I also wanted to create a high contrast card. I usually shy away from dark colors, but I think they work beautifully with vibrant colored card stock and the glitter.


For some additional highlights, I used double sided adhesive tape and some Stick It sheets (if you don't have double sided adhesive tape, you can just cut a strip from the Stick It sheet).

I first put down the strip across the card and poured some Elizabeth Craft Microfine Glitter in Antique Silver on it. You need to gently rub the glitter into the adhesive to make it stay there permanently and guess what – you can use one of your ten always-present-tools for that: your finger ;)

For the sentiment – that took a while to figure out. I won't bore you with a description of my failures. Suffice to say: the good reviews for the Stick It sheets didn't exaggerate in the slightest. I was absolutely unable to die cut my other adhesive sheets with my word die so I could just put the adhesive on the card. It just didn't cut, even with a shim. The Stick It sheet worked like magic. I peeled off one side, stuck it onto the card, rubbed it to make it stay, and then peeled off the other side. Once more my glitter came out and – voilĂ !


I hope you enjoyed the card and have a great weekend! Cheers!

1 comment:

Tracey T said...

Beautiful! Love the contrast of the bright and dark colours. Great tip about the Stick It sheets too!