Tuesday 28 April 2015

Triangular Hugs!


 Hi! I thought I'd do another project using the Hero Arts Triangle background        
                                                        http://www.makethedayspecial.co.uk/shop.php#!/Triangle-Background/p/48307953
                                                  
It's such a great set- I haven't even stamped it in colour yet. I simply embossed with white embossing powder onto white card.
http://www.makethedayspecial.co.uk/shop.php#!/Hero-Arts-White-Embossing-Powder/p/43293335

I wanted to create something very clean and simple. I've been creating cards that take a little longer recently so it was great to do a project that took so little time.              
                                
I've layered up a few elements from the Sending You set by Avery Elle. 
                                                                http://www.makethedayspecial.co.uk/shop.php#!/Sending-You/p/37375105
With a little fussy cutting, it adds layers without becoming too cluttered. With the cutout parts of the triangles and the cardstock underneath, there are actually 4 layers where the 'hugs' sentiment is but you wouldn't necessarily think it initially.
You can just about make out the ombre colours in the sentiment. I used one of the new Ombre pads from Hero Arts.
Check out the other ombre colours- they're really beautiful. You do need to move the pad around a little when stamping so you can't see the change between the colours and the ombre colours flow seamlessly.

I lastly added a strip of ombré paper.

Do go and see what's slipped into the store without you noticing! These big background sets are amazing!

See you next week!
                          

2 comments:

Unknown said...

As always: a lovely card made by Keren!I like the design, how simple and clean she makes her cards. And what a brilliant way of using the background sets and combining different stamps, products and techniques.
Great idea and a sweet reminder that I have to see what is new in store.So grateful Keren recommended it! :)

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous card! love that background and what you have done with it! xxx