Friday 22 May 2015

Bejewelled Butterflies

Hi everybody,

Jill here, hope you are all well.

I've got some simple water colouring I'd like to share with you today...


Now, if I had to, (like really really really had to), choose a favourite technique, I think I would have to choose watercolour, (I'm so sorry inks, pens, papers, powders - you are all beautiful and I love you all very much!).  I just love the simplicity, the naivety, and how calming and enjoyable it is to do.  You don't have to be a master artist, just have fun and enjoy the process.  



I chose to use the stunning 'Bejeweled' set from Altenew for my card.  The loose, cool, stylised design screams out watercolour, and inspired me to keep it clean and fresh by using only a couple of colours.  I used Spectrum Aqua pens to paint my beautiful butterflies, but there's so many options when it comes to watercolour, we're spoilt for choice! I stamped both butterflies off the page, in Versamark Ink, heat embossed in white powder, and added my colour.  My sentiment is from the same 'Bejeweled' set, and is stamped out in the same two colours I used on my butterflies, mixed on the stamp, and spritzed with water to carry the laid-back theme through.  



I hope this has made you wanna go get your paints out - go on...you deserve a little 'you time' :)

As always, everything I used is linked below, so click over to the store and check out all the gorgeous Altenew designs!

See you next week.

Jillx



Bejeweled





3 comments:

Ruth said...

Beautiful. Just beautiful. I love my Spectrum Aquas. Xx

maria f. said...

Lovely, Jill. Those butterflies don't actually "speak" to me as they appear in the set. But they are perfect for your design and your colors were the perfect choice.

Househund said...

Beautiful card , colours work so well together. I am so pleased you are stocking this line of stamps and dies. They are just so clever.and very inspiring .