Saturday 16 May 2015

Creating a Multi-Layered Card

Hi crafters, Julia here.

Today I have a very cute and multilayered card for you using only product by Mama Elephant. I wanted to build a scene around those cute critters, so I'm using two die sets and one stamp set. You can find all of the products I used in the description below.


I started out by stamping the critters on Copic friendly paper and coloring them in. The matching die cuts helped to quickly cut them out. For the waves, I used a piece of light blue paper and stamped it with a background stamp. You can use any background stamp that you already have, or even patterned paper to create a nice effect. Thanks to the Landscaped Trio Dies, I have nice stitched edges.


For the clouds I used the same die set but simply cut the clouds from vellum. By layering the clouds, and only adhering them on the outer edges, you get a perfect floating effect. It looks really nice in person. You can use dye ink or distress ink to add some blue to the upper part of the front panel so it will shine through the clouds.


The card took actually quite some time to make, but it's fun and I really like the results. If you like, you can add some sequins or seed beads to sparkle up the card, or you can leave it out if you think it's fine as is. Thanks for stopping by and reading. If you want to see a video of how I created the card, head on over to my blog, you can find the address in the sidebar to the right.

1 comment:

Sarah G said...

Julia this card is perfect! I can see that it took some time to make but I love the layers, colours and techniques you used to create this scene :)