Saturday 23 May 2015

Friends Are Like Stars

Hello crafty friends, Julia here!

Today I'm going to play with to stamp set by Avery Elle. I also had this idea that I wanted to make a card were not everything is visible at once, so I opted to do some vellum magic today.


As you can see, it doesn't look like much when you look at it for the first time. I heat embossed the sentiment on the vellum with embossing powder. I also added a few gems just for some dimension and sparkle.

In order to attach the vellum to the card, I cut a slit right into the fold at the very top of the card. On the inside of the card, the vellum reaches about 1 inch in. I cut a piece of card stock that is about 4 1/4 inches wide and 2 inches high and scored it down the middle. I then adhered it into the card at the very top. Not only does that hide the vellum, it also gives the entire card more stability since I almost cut it apart at the top :-)


And just in case you're wondering where the friends are, there they are :-) I stamped the images on some scrap pieces of Copic friendly card stock and colored them with my Copic markers. Thanks to the matching dies, I was able to quickly cut the critters and then mount them with foam dots onto my card base. I used very thin foam dots so the layers wouldn't stack up too much.


I used some light gold embossing powder to emboss stars onto the card and then used a dauber and a light blue distress ink to create a very light halo around each star. I intentionally did not cover the entire sky blue because I wanted the card to remain as light and clean as possible.

I hope you enjoyed the card and give this versatile and super cute stamp and die set a go. Products used in the description below.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Craftychris said...

Your card is so cute and such a fabulous idea to go with that lovely sentiment xxx