Monday 22 June 2015

A Retro Celebration


It's my turn to create a card with the Echo park Stamp and Die set called Birthday Celebration.... if you remember the DT are passing this set around and each using it to make a project for the blog.
                                                             Birthday Celebration Stamp & Die Set
The stamps are quite detailed, especially the cake, and it bought to mind the sort of vintage illustrations you'd find in Childrens story books where one colour was used along with black... I love those sort of prints so I had to have a go at recreating one with this set :)


The round cornered square is also a good retro shape so I used a die to create the negative mask and then used the cake die in the set and a rounded end banner to make positive masks inside the square.
I blended blue ink onto the card front to give nice even coverage and then removed my masks before stamping the cake and greeting with Hero Arts Blackboard ink.... it has a faded vintage look to it rather than a true dark black.
I've added touches of colour to the cake and white gel pen details and called it done... I like that it's a simple one layer card that could be used for both guys and gals!! :)
Here are the links to the products I used from the store...

                                 Blackboard Shadow Ink  Birthday Celebration Stamp & Die Set

I hope you're enjoying seeing how the DT are using this stamp and die set... thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

No comments: