Friday 5 June 2015

Hoop-La

Hi everybody,

I hope you are all well.


So today I've got a couple of cards to share, using both the positive and the negative from the same Paper Smooches 'Ring Trio' die.


I have so many things I want to do with this die.  It is such a simple shape but the possibilities, with all the empty space, are endless.  This was my first idea, and I couldn't wait to rip the wrapper off and get started!


I got to use up soooo many little scraps of paper that I (...and I know I can't be alone here!) like to hoard making these cards - bonus!


I started by taking a load of my patterned paper off-cuts, cutting them into strips of various widths, and adhering them to a sheet of paper.  I then die cut the awesome 'Ring Trio' from that sheet of paper, twice, thinking about how I wanted it placed on my card.  Obviously the actual 'ring' part was easy to pop back down as it was the positive part of the cut, however, to re-position the 'negative' shape correctly was a little more tricky.  I did it by keeping the hoops in place, whilst adhering all the  fiddly pieces around it - then once everything was in place - removed the rings , and 'au voila', the background was positioned perfectly.
The sentiments on both cards are from the brilliant Paper Smooches set, 'Group hugs', (such a great set, so full of positive sayings, I love it).  I was clearly in the midst of a Paper Smooches fest, as I also used their 'Tiny Hearts' die, cut from black card and clear heat embossed, as my embellishments.

I edged both panels with black card, mounted on to kraft card bases, and there you have it.  Two cards, two ways, using one die, and some little scraps of paper!

As always, everything is linked below so be sure to go have a browse!

See you next week.

jillx


Tiny Hearts Dies          Group Hugs        Ring Trio Dies

1 comment:

De hobbydroom said...

Amazing cards! I love it!!
Greetings, Mandy