Friday 26 June 2015

Party In The Woods

Hi everybody,

Hope you are all well.

I've got a fun card to share with you today.


I used Lawn Fawn's 'Party Animal's' set as the main focus of my card.  As soon as I set eyes on this set, I thought it looked like the animals were dancing - and I couldn't wait to help them shake what their mama's gave them!  So that's exactly what I did...



I have no idea what this type of card is called - but the little cute bear is on invisible thread, so spins, and twirls, and dances like the party animal he is :)


Woah...check me out...yeah I added a video...(I think)!  Excuse my inky fingers - but I'm sure I'm in the right crowd to understand!

Everything on this card is Lawn Fawn, (megafan).  The cute critter's and my sentiment are from the the Party Animal set, the tree's are from Joy to the Woods, the banner is from Home Sweet Home, I used the Grassy Border die for my grass (state the obvious why don't you, Jill?), and all the patterned paper is, yup, from Lawn Fawn.  

I took all the elements I wanted to use to create my scene, stamped them out, coloured them using alcohol markers, and fussy cut.  I gave the bear a party pat, and some cutlery, (because everybody knows the best thing about a party is the party food!), which are included in the set, and all of which I had to stamp, colour, and cut twice, as I needed the matching image on the front and back.
I inked up my background, cut a circle from the centre, and built my scene around it.  To make my bear 'dance', I simply stuck the two coloured images back to back, with a string of invisible thread sandwiched between the two, then adhered the thread at the top and bottom of my die cut circle.  To keep everything nice, neat and tidy, I covered the back with a piece of matching die cut card.  I added a piece of patterned paper on the back wall, so it looks pretty through the peep hole, and there you have it.  a dancing bear all ready to party with his pals :)

I hope you like it.

As always, everything  I used is linked below.

See you next week.

Jillx



Party Animals   Joy To The Woods   Grassy Border Die   Home Sweet Home

1 comment:

Julie C. said...

This card is so so cute!