Monday 6 July 2015

Adding ink to Die-cuts - MFT Headphones



Hello folks... I'm sure you've all seen or heard about the new brand in store??!! Yep, I'm super excited that Tara is now able to stock My Favourite Things... unfortunately my bank account isn't though!!! Lol :)

I have a few stamps and dies already *ahem*, so I'm able to play with stash I already have for today's blog post.....


The Headphones die set is a great addition to your crafting collection especially for those hard to make 'young guys' cards. They can be easily personalised in any colour and by using ink and a sponge you can give the die-cut pieces some depth and dimension.

I started by cutting three basic shapes in black card and then I cut the extra detail pieces in black and again in blue card. Layering up the die-cuts gives the image dimension without using foam pads and sponging dark blue ink around the edges of the blue pieces gives the illusion of shape. The last extra detail was to use white ink and a sponge dauber very gently along some edges of the die cuts to give a bit of shine and highlight.

The diagonal text is from the Spotlight Sentiments stamp set.... I coloured the open spaced 'Happy Birthday' with black pencil and added glossy accents over it. I had to ask my daughters boyfriend if these type of headphones have wires and apparently one wire is the normal.... although they can also have two or none at all!!! I used hemp twine for mine... still think two would look better though ;)


It's amazing how just sponging a darker and lighter ink can take your die cut shapes up another notch to give you a more realistic look or you can easily get the same affect by using pencils or alcohol markers too :)
Here are the links to the products I used for my card...


Headphones Die-namics  Spotlight Sentiments  Confetti Creative Cuts DieFinished Frames Elle-ments

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

2 comments:

Sarah G said...

This looks fabulous, Jenny! Those headphones are on my birthday wishlist and I definitely hope they come my way after seeing this :)

Bridget said...

Absolutely love the way you've sponged white ink highlights over the darker sponging on the edges - I normally do the latter but the addition of white just takes it to anothe level - love it! Great inspiration!