Saturday 1 August 2015

Artsy Coloring with Wplus9 Doodle Buds

Rise and shine, crafters! No matter what's going on with your day, I'm determined to put a smile on your face today :-) For that reason, I decided to go with bright and cheerful colors for today's card.

I'm also using the wonderful stamp set by Wplus9 called “Doodle Buds”. It's a wonderfully whimsical and just perfect for coloring.


On the flowers and on the stems I used my trusty Stabilo markers. You can create great gradients with these pens without even having to use water by blending them into each other with small circular motions (I have videos for that on my blog - you can find me via the sidebar).

For the green bottom I put down some color first with the markers and then went in with a damp brush and smooshed that out towards the bottom.


I added some dots with my pens in the background to give this card a more artsy look. And of course I could not resist using a white gel pens to add additional accents onto the color.

For the bottom of the card, I used a strip of dark patterned paper and then another patterned paper as a background for my sentiment.

I hope you have enjoyed the card and I'll see you again soon!

3 comments:

Claire said...

This is absolutely stunning!

Sandi MacIver said...

how bright and cheery, thanks for brightening my day with this beautiful card.

magda said...

Me encantó tu dibujo ...Gracias por compartir ...