Saturday 31 October 2015

Easy, No-Stress Coloring

Hey there, crafters! I know that a lot of you will be gearing up for christmas and Halloween, but I thought I'd bring you a non-holiday card today. After all, I know I get sick of all the holiday cards sooner or later, so let's mix it up a bit!

I am using one of my favorite whimsical stamp sets from Lil' Inkers called "Modern Mehndi". It's intricate enough that you can stamp it just by itself, but I love coloring it:


I choose colors that would be cold – like a crisp winter morning. You can use any coloring medium you like; I opted to go with my Copics, but by all means, grab your watercolors, pencils … whatever makes you happy. Coloring easy images like this where you don't have to worry about light sources and texture is so relaxing.


As you can see, the floral image is quite solid. I die cut the shape about four times from regular copic-friendly paper and glued the pieces together to end up with this embellishment. The leaves were stamped directly onto the card stock and the sentiment heat embossed.  I added a few gold dots here and there; they don't stand out on the kraft but shimmer nicely when you twist the card in natural light.


Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed the card and have a great weekend. Cheers!

No comments: